Codex

max [idioteque.it]

20 hours ago, echoes said:

Magari fosse davvero un disco ritmico e sperimental-world come dite voi. La realtà è che, al netto di qualche spunto, è un disco molto tradizionale anche più di IR. Ma non ha manco le canzoni, differentemente da questo.

Come ho sempre detto TKOL nelle prime 4 è interessante, nelle ultime 4 inutile. Fai una media e tutto viene fuori tranne che un disco memorabile.

almeno IR ha 3 capolavori ( arpeggi, videotape, reckoner) + altre canzoni sicuramente degne di nota e che sono rimaste negli anni e non a caso vengono riproposte ancora oggi nei tour come nude, all i need e bodysnatchers, che avrà sicuramente anche rotto il cazzo perchè la suonano sempre manco fosse Paranoid Android, ma rimane ad oggi l'ultimo vero pezzo rock fatto dai nostri

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

58 minutes ago, myxo said:

almeno IR ha 3 capolavori ( arpeggi, videotape, reckoner) + altre canzoni sicuramente degne di nota e che sono rimaste negli anni e non a caso vengono riproposte ancora oggi nei tour come nude, all i need e bodysnatchers, che avrà sicuramente anche rotto il cazzo perchè la suonano sempre manco fosse Paranoid Android, ma rimane ad oggi l'ultimo vero pezzo rock fatto dai nostri

Arpeggi è una cagata pazzesca.

• 3 months later...

Robin Pecknold (Fleet Foxes)

“Codex” (From 2011’s The King of Limbs)

I like “Codex” a lot. I like the little vocal blip that gets pushed off the diving board at the beginning. I like the piano creeping around, like someone stepping on rocks barefoot. I like the kick drum, it’s small and it sounds like someone tapping on a microphone. If it isn’t that, then they could have done that instead. I like the minor-third-to-second “blue note” vocal/horn part. I like that Thom Yorke sings “Jump off the end” as the chords ascend. That part has a really nice, nostalgic melody. It’s just a hair’s breadth from treacly. Right around the corner from it. I can imagine Helen Mirren singing that little melody. I like that the lyrics are about swimming at night. People think back fondly on night swimming experiences. A better time. I bet they wrote the music first, and then someone in the band (or their producer) said, “You know, this music sort of evokes the very mild but bonding danger of swimming at night with friends,” and then they wrote the lyrics. But if you put this song on on a Bluetooth speaker while you were swimming at night, I think that would feel too much like trying to construct a moment. A little on the nose. Maybe the next day driving back to the city at sunset you could put it on, though. Swimming at night; nice and intentional.