Rock City | Nottingham, England 05-11-1995

It's a mindblowingly awesome, essential AUD tape of a crucial Radiohead show! I bring you, fresh from DIME (although it's also on the Hub), with a little addition of my own...

November 5th, 1995: Rock City | Nottingham, England

Street Spirit (Fade Out)/Bones/Just/Bulletproof...I Wish I Was/High & Dry/Black Star/Stop Whispering/Creep/Big Boots (Man-O-War)(!)/Planet Telex/Prove Yourself/My Iron Lung/Anyone Can Play Guitar/Blow Out/Fake Plastic Trees/Subterranean Homesick Alien(!!!)/Lucky/(nice dream)/You/The Bends

I can't say enough about this fantastic show, and if I'd had this AUD before I wrote up my mega-essay, I would certainly have mentioned it. In fact, I don't even know if I would've merely relegated it to the "Honorable Mention AUD" list. I might have had to list it in the "essential shows" section.

What we have here is a magnificent audience recording (very similar in its 'feel' to Salamanca 2002 if you want a comparison) of a legendary Radiohead show, the largest they had ever played up until that point, and one that they knew in advance would be a piker, as they brought in EMI to record it professionally. Several tracks were, in fact, culled for release as the Bends Pinkpop EP later in 1996. Those songs -- "High & Dry," "You," "Blow Out," "Bones," and "Fake Plastic Trees," were omitted from this AUD when it was posted on DIME (because of their "no officially released material" policy), but I've included them (plus "(nice dream)," which was also included on some mispressings of the EP but is present in AUD form as well) in a subfolder of this zip file -- unfortunately they're in WMA format, because that's all I've got right now (deal with it kiddies)

The amazing thing about this AUD recording is that if you slot the official SBD songs into the playlist to recreate the full concert the sound quality doesn't even vary too much....*that's* how good an AUD recording job this is. And look at that setlist! A FANTASTIC recording of "Big Boots!" A so-rare-you-want-to-faint early "Subterranean Homesick Alien!" Brutal playings of "Planet Telex," "Black Star," and "Lucky!" The crowd singing "Happy Birthday" to Jonny! And of course, the officially released songs, which are obviously great performances themselves.

This tape only came to light very recently (February 2010), which just goes to show you that new gems are being unearthed and/or released into general circulation all the time. Enjoy, and say a prayer of thanks to the taper who caught this gem, and allowed it to be subsequently shared.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=615Y99JN

• 5 years later...

Si trova su Soulseek, cari scatterz:dance:
Con versioni primordiali e antichissime di Big Boots / Man-O-War, Subterranean Homesick Alien e Lucky! :dance: 
Ma vale la pena per ascoltarlo anche solo per il calore del pubblico in Stop Whispering, da brividi...
BELLISSIMO!

01.Street Spirit (Fade Out) ---> sì, cominciarono così! :ok:
02.Bones 
03.Just 
04.Bullet Proof..I Wish I Was 
05.High & Dry 
06.Black Star 
07.Stop Whispering 
08.Creep 
09.Big Boots / Man-O-War 
10.Planet Telex 
11.Prove Yourself 
12.My Iron Lung 
13.Anyone Can Play Guitar 
14.Blow Out 
15.Fake Plastic Trees 

ENCORE:
16.Subterranean Homesick Alien 
17.Lucky 
18.(Nice Dream) 
19.You 
20.The Bends

• 7 months later...
On 29/11/2016 at 4:49 PM, Lacatus said:

Si trova su Soulseek, cari scatterz:dance:
Con versioni primordiali e antichissime di Big Boots / Man-O-War, Subterranean Homesick Alien e Lucky! :dance: 
Ma vale la pena per ascoltarlo anche solo per il calore del pubblico in Stop Whispering, da brividi...
BELLISSIMO!

01.Street Spirit (Fade Out) ---> sì, cominciarono così! :ok:
02.Bones 
03.Just 
04.Bullet Proof..I Wish I Was 
05.High & Dry 
06.Black Star 
07.Stop Whispering 
08.Creep 
09.Man Of War
10.Planet Telex 
11.Prove Yourself