Amnesiac

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Humphrey Lyttelton sul lavoro con i Radio

317496a096d6c86486a71d4521994bcd171a6bb3

But… if they wanted a trumpeter… a session trumpeter for a track, they probably could have found one fairly easily. But there must have been some love in that…

The thing was that Johnny Greenwood who is that guy who does the talking, he wrote to me and said this is probably an awful cheek but we've got a track on our forthcoming CD where we're having terrible trouble about how to treat it. And we discussed it the other day and thought that maybe the sort of New Orleans-y jazz - they'd heard some of my early records - so, what do you think about it? So I said "Yes" in that true journalistic fashion and then they sent me a tape of the tune - couldn't make head or tail of it - and this is where the find out about it after, say "Yes" first, regret it later. But, we had a meeting up at the BBC and I said, sort of half jokingly, "Sounds to me as though the sort of thing that might go would be New Orleans funeral music" because as you know, it's not 'Happy Days Are Here Again' when they perform. And he said "Yeah, great idea".

So we went in a studio and spent, I think it was, nine hours or seven hours, gradually moving. They didn't know what they wanted us to do. We didn't know what they wanted us to do and we gradually sort of moved towards it. And after seven hours, I said "That's it, it's not going to get any better than that". There's a certain sort of… working with Radiohead… has a certain Sorry I haven't a Clue element, unexpected element about it because Thom Yorke, the singer, who writes wonderful things - that always reminded me of that Procol Harem thing… the surrealistic words - only his are far out and great. When they came to us we had to play the tape over and over and over and I began to get the feeling of what he was on about. It's abstract, the concept of his lyrics.

On 7/6/2016 at 8:57 PM, On a Friday said:

Packt 7,5

Pyramid Song 10

Pulk Pull 5

You And Whose Army 9

I Might Be Wrong 8,5

Knives Out 8

Morning Bell 2 (la odio proprio, mi irrita)

Dollars And Cents 10

Hunting Bears 6.5

Like Spinning Plates 9,5

Life In A Glasshouse 9,5

Packt 7,5

Pyramid Song 10

Pulk Pull 8

You And Whose Army 8,5

I Might Be Wrong 10

Knives Out  9

Morning Bell 6,5

Dollars And Cents 9

Hunting Bears 7

Like Spinning Plates 10

Life In A Glasshouse 10

Più o meno concordo con me stesso myxo:D

Però si, le tue modifiche, salvo Pulk/Pull che non ho mai capito (se non nell'ottica respiro con l'inizio di You and Whose army) e Morning Bell , ci stanno tutte.

8,5 per I might Be Wrong è troppo poco, almeno un voto in più. Inoltre si, qualunque voto che non sia 10 per la doppietta in chiusura non si può leggere:martel:

vabbè ma reddit sono fuori di cranio dai:D

che ficata è dollars and cents?

jonny sarà stato tutto felice di avere gli archi a disposizione di nuovo!

altro che il manierismo di shpaed po...scherzo:D

un reperto per i fortunati, qua addirittura me lo sparano con audio soundboard

Just now, Wanderer said:

che ficata è dollars and cents?

E' uno dei loro pezzi di punta in assoluto, per me.
Ma ci pensi che è stata ripescata casualmente? Faceva parte delle sessioni a Copenhagen del marzo 1999 che avevano deciso di cestinare... Un anno dopo, nel gennaio 2000 le riascoltarono e si accorsero che c'era una jam stile Can che meritava di essere completata... era Dollars And Cents :) 

5 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

Nigel poi con l'effettazzo sul colpo sul bordo rullante di phil che cosi pare quasi un campanaccio:prego:

colin e phil:prego:

gli effettoni sul canale sinistro di nigel sul primo crescendo:prego:

Nigel = Dio in Dollars And Cents: il suo lavoro meriterebbe un discorso a parte (si trattava, ricordiamolo, di una jam della durata di 11 minuti, quindi ha operato pure dei tagli).