IAmA di Thom e Nigel 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How much of your soul do you put into your lyrics...or...how 'seriously' do you wish people to take your lyrics? Some of Radiohead's lyrics seem a mixture between stream of consciousness and the genuinely confessional. I ask because I love analyzing lyrics. Obviously, anyone can take any art however they choose to, but I'm just curious how you write them, from your perspective?

______

confessional?!! mm i don;t think so at all. do you think M Stipe's lyrics are confessional? what is within is also stream of consciousness is also gibberish and also just sounds. by the time the words have stuck, they have just stuck. the glue is set and i can't undo. before that is a messy bit.

does that help? ofcourse not.

Dear Thom, I would like to know if you prefer tea or coffee? And do you use sugar or honey or nothing in your hot drink? It is very important for me to know that, because of my imagination of your "normal-life" and what person you are. :) Additionally, do you like turkish nougat? I think you do!

ah finally something important. today is a strong coffee day. 7am deserves it. im a pain in the arse without if that helps? mostly. thm

ma le fanno sul serio ste domande? :mellow:

How much of your soul do you put into your lyrics...or...how 'seriously' do you wish people to take your lyrics? Some of Radiohead's lyrics seem a mixture between stream of consciousness and the genuinely confessional. I ask because I love analyzing lyrics. Obviously, anyone can take any art however they choose to, but I'm just curious how you write them, from your perspective?

______

confessional?!! mm i don;t think so at all. do you think M Stipe's lyrics are confessional? what is within is also stream of consciousness is also gibberish and also just sounds. by the time the words have stuck, they have just stuck. the glue is set and i can't undo. before that is a messy bit.

does that help? ofcourse not.

Sostanzialmente sta cercando una giustificazione per il They're spaghetti :laugh:

Relevant:

-NolanT-

I'd love to know how you got involved with Stanley Donwood, and what it's like having someone be such a consistent part of your image over the years?

-atomsforpeace-

I met him first day at art college and he had a better hat and suit on than me. That pissed me off. So i figured i'd either end up really not liking this person at all, or working with him for the rest of my life.

Sostanzialmente sta cercando una giustificazione per il They're spaghetti :laugh:

aahah ho pensato la stessa cosa :D

comunque cose interessanti dette fino ad ora:

- aprile - maggio tornano in studio

- present tense non è finita nel dimenticatoio

- oltre ad identikit hanno registrato un pezzo "misterioso" nello studio di j.white

- aspettiamoci un tour degli afp

- a thom piace il caffè nero

Ancora più relevant:

-Drixxi-

Hi Thom and Nigel, I received the vinyl yesterday and love it. It seems to be much more dance music than either The Eraser, closer to Feral and Identikit.

Is that the kind of release we can expect from AfP in the future, or will these more dance-y tunes start to work their way into Radiohead's next album as well?

-atomsforpeace-

you got it? oh that's good, thats how it shoud come out i guess. dance tunes? yeah! that doesn't necessarily mean it will bleed into radiohead. i miss getting stuck into those kind of melodies sometimes so...

LP9 calvalcate shoegaze

ma stanley donwood ha una pagina su tumblr?

http://whathaveyoudonetomyface.tumblr.com/

What is your biggest achievement so far?

ummmmmmmm getting through the last tour despite all that had happened in toronto. and the lights. and having clive play with us. i was terrified about it, then it got dark but in the end we were all very proud of managin to pull it off. even in the O2 in London. it was not an easy time, but it was cool.

thm

aahah ho pensato la stessa cosa :D

comunque cose interessanti dette fino ad ora:

- aprile - maggio tornano in studio

- present tense non è finita nel dimenticatoio

- oltre ad identikit hanno registrato un pezzo "misterioso" nello studio di j.white

- aspettiamoci un tour degli afp

- a thom piace il caffè nero

aprile-maggio si rincontrano, non tornano in studio. Penso si riferisca agli altri atomi...dovranno fare le prove per il tour

max, adesso te lo dico. raramente rido davanti al computer, specie quando leggo scatterbrain (anche se, distorsori a parte, ce ne sarebbe da ridere). mi hai messo voglia di ricominciare a fumare per farmi una canna, guardarmi questo commento e ridere tutta la notte. :wub:

thanks a lot.

scatterbrain: la fabbrica del sorriso

se vuoi fare una donazione manda un sms al 487Ω∞5

useremo i tuoi soldi per dare un futuro ad antonio exit music.