Edward O'Brien - Earth

Lacatus

Ed mette un po' di carne al fuoco... http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07ykny5

Matt talks to Ed O'Brien from Radiohead about the first key musical moments in his career to date.

He tells how his childhood was dominated by the pop charts and his early passion for the more unusual guitar heroes that emerge after punk, and his first impressions of meeting the schoolfriends who would go on to become Radiohead. He discusses the band's early musical insecurities, their unusual route to recognition, and their reaction to the attention that followed. Ed also looks back at the band's back catalogue, how The Bends was a reaction to being called one hit wonders, the wonder of the OK Computer sessions, and how the group transformed their whole approach to creating music with Kid A and Amnesic. Matt also asks about his love for Brazilian music, his plans for a solo album and Glastonbury 2017.

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lac scusa ma nn è l'intervista che abbiamo gia' sentito?

boh nn ci sto capendo piu' niente neanche io.

avevo postato la notizia, poi mi sembrava l'intervista vecchia, ora vedo che la trasmettono domenica.

va beh fatemi sapere quando esce l'LP di Ed che nn lo compro :D

Non vedo l'ora!!!
A parte che Ed secondo me ha una voce bellissima, degli occhi stupendi e se fossi una fan italiana degli Y&Y direi che e' proprio bono!

Nell'ultimo tour sono rimasta piacevolmente colpita dalla bravura di Ed (ok non fa molto, tanto come Jonny, ma quello che fa lo fa bene)
Ma poi vi immaginate un concerto di Ed?! 'na pacchia!

L'unico problema e' che Ed sta storia del suo LP1 la dice da almeno il 2011 :lol: quindi finche' non esce il disco non gli credo piu'.

1 hour ago, @li said:

questa invece la parte sul disco solista trascritta:

Interestingly enough, it starts in Brazil. After the last load of touring, King Of Limbs, kids were born 2004 and 2006. And I said to the guys, in five years time, me and my wife are gonna go and live in brazil for a year. I don’t wanna put the kibosh on anything but this is something we have to do. Don’t feel you can’t make a record. Make a record without me, if I can come in later on whatever…And I was really aware that I’d had so many adventures with this band; I wanted to have an adventure with my family.

So we went to live in Brazil, in the middle of the Brazilian countryside, and we lived on a little farm in basically a hut the size of this room next door. Life was really simple. Kids went to the local school. No one could speak English, so they picked it up, the language of play and stuff. And life was reduced to its simple parts. For me, it was music and my family. And I would go each day, walk up the hill to this beautiful little hut next to this lake, and I started writing. And I took out all this gear — cause Tom said, you know, “You’re really good at, just do all the ProTools stuff!” And I applied myself, cause I never really applied to it, and I sat and after about eight weeks, I said “I’m not feeling this, this is rubbish!”

All I wanted to do was sit there and play guitar, and in February of that year, got taken to Carnival, and a really close friend of mine invited me and my wife to the Sambadrome in Rio. Oh, my god. It’s the greatest show on earth. Two nights, you have 12 samba schools. They’re like these processions, all these floats, and they have an hour and 20 minutes, each samba school parades down what’s called the Sambodrome, it’s like this mile long strip — they used it in the Olympics, and it runs from ten at night till six in the morning. It was the greatest thing I’ve ever, ever, ever experienced in terms of music. So of course, the beats, what they call the bateria, and it’s like all these polyrhythms. Everyone sings. There must be 4000 people on each samba school who parade down there, and the combination of writing music and that feeling of being there and being like, “Oh my god, music can be like this.” It was so profound, so it’s fed my whole inspiration and writing. There’s an element of that joy of music. But it also again, like, a lot of Brazilian music there’s a dark heart, melancholy, but, we’re all feeling this, we recognize it but let’s celebrate being a human being because that’s part of the journey for most of us. So that’s like a watershed in my life.

Ed guadagna sempre più punti! Troppa stima! :clapclap: 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Da Reddit: 

Thom, Ed, Phil, and Jonny all came outside after the show for autographs and to say hi. 

Ed was asked on solo album. He was kind enough to share: "Should be getting together at the end of the year to record, maybe 2018 release maybe?"

9 minutes ago, frasky said:

Da Reddit: 

Thom, Ed, Phil, and Jonny all came outside after the show for autographs and to say hi. 

Ed was asked on solo album. He was kind enough to share: "Should be getting together at the end of the year to record, maybe 2018 release maybe?"

Forza Ed, io sto disco lo bramo! Aveva detto che sarebbe stato influenzato dalla musica brasiliana o sbaglio?