Lacatus

• 4 weeks later...

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Jan 24, 2020 - Wales

It's the first new moon of the 2020's today and the start of the Chinese New Year, and I'm going to try and write down what's been going on and also what's on my mind, and attempt to do this every new moon. The new moon is the start of the 29 1/2 day Lunar Cycle and traditionally it was a time of new beginnings and intentions. I'm not sure entirely sure why I find myself being drawn more and more to things like lunar cycles, but I am .... this seems true of others too .... perhaps this is a reaction to the present days, where the chaos of our times can feel overwhelming .... bombarded by (?) - perhaps there is a sub-conscious and conscious need to root us to things that transcend the modern age .... things that reconnect us with our beautiful planet, with nature and with one another .... something more profound and hopeful than what is going on right now - anyway, I thought I might try and write a few words down every new moon.

I'm in Wales right now with my band, rehearsing for the shows that lie ahead (Toronto in exactly 2 weeks is show Number 1!?!?) Putting together a band is not as simple as it might seem .... firstly, you've got to find the right musicians who are able to play the songs with the right feel and sonic sensibilities .... then you've got to connect as human beings, which as we all know, doesn't always happen! 10 days into rehearsal I can very happily report that my band are extraordinary musicians and beautiful human beings!! ....which obviously bodes well for the year ahead.

I'm really enjoying it, balancing excitement with a good old dose of apprehension - can I/we actually do this live??! When I get to the oh shit moments, I remind myself that this is just a stage...it will move and evolve....and these moments of uncertainty are important....they are like your inner checks and balances.

Ok, well I hope January has been ok for you....Really looking forward to seeing some of you in Toronto, Chicago, New York, and LA in a couple or so weeks.

Big love to you all, EOBxx

4 hours ago, @li said:

Jan 24, 2020 - Wales

It's the first new moon of the 2020's today and the start of the Chinese New Year, and I'm going to try and write down what's been going on and also what's on my mind, and attempt to do this every new moon. The new moon is the start of the 29 1/2 day Lunar Cycle and traditionally it was a time of new beginnings and intentions. I'm not sure entirely sure why I find myself being drawn more and more to things like lunar cycles, but I am .... this seems true of others too .... perhaps this is a reaction to the present days, where the chaos of our times can feel overwhelming .... bombarded by (?) - perhaps there is a sub-conscious and conscious need to root us to things that transcend the modern age .... things that reconnect us with our beautiful planet, with nature and with one another .... something more profound and hopeful than what is going on right now - anyway, I thought I might try and write a few words down every new moon.

I'm in Wales right now with my band, rehearsing for the shows that lie ahead (Toronto in exactly 2 weeks is show Number 1!?!?) Putting together a band is not as simple as it might seem .... firstly, you've got to find the right musicians who are able to play the songs with the right feel and sonic sensibilities .... then you've got to connect as human beings, which as we all know, doesn't always happen! 10 days into rehearsal I can very happily report that my band are extraordinary musicians and beautiful human beings!! ....which obviously bodes well for the year ahead.

I'm really enjoying it, balancing excitement with a good old dose of apprehension - can I/we actually do this live??! When I get to the oh shit moments, I remind myself that this is just a stage...it will move and evolve....and these moments of uncertainty are important....they are like your inner checks and balances.

Ok, well I hope January has been ok for you....Really looking forward to seeing some of you in Toronto, Chicago, New York, and LA in a couple or so weeks.

Ho un vuoto, sappiamo già chi lo accompagnerà in tour?

Ad ogni modo adoro la passione di Ed per la luna piena, la condivido, però sono sincero: ho letto tutto aspettando la parte in cui annunciava l'uscita dell'album:bacio:

5 hours ago, @li said:

Jan 24, 2020 - Wales

Ha scritto più qui che nella Library come librarian dei Radiohead :angry:

Una cosa che in mente e volevo scrivere da un po': ma se ad un certo punto, diciamo dopo Hail To The Thief, Thom avesse cacciato Phil e Ed e i Radiohead fossero andati avanti in 4, formati da Thom, Jonny, Colin e Nigel (magari con Clive Deamer come aiuto percussionista)?

@modifiedbear 

4 minutes ago, Lacatus said:

Una cosa che in mente e volevo scrivere da un po': ma se ad un certo punto, diciamo dopo Hail To The Thief, Thom avesse cacciato Phil e Ed e i Radiohead fossero andati avanti in 4, formati da Thom, Jonny, Colin e Nigel (magari con Clive Deamer come aiuto percussionista)?

ma nuuuu.... cioe' se c'e' una cosa bella, loro e di pochissime altre band cosi longeve, è di aver sempre conservato la stessa lineup...

4 hours ago, Lacatus said:

Sarebbe curioso in effetti conoscere le dinamiche all'interno del gruppo.
Sicuro è che se si fossero liberati della zavorra-Phil e della sovrastruttura ridondante Eddiana oggi staremmo qui ad discutere di qualcosa di sorprendente. Mettere le sezioni ritmiche interamente in mano a Jonny/Thom+Clive.. E registrare brani più sobri e liberi da tappetoni sigur-Ed-rossiani di sottofondo..
Sogno ad occhi aperti. Si sarebbe probabilmente entrati nella fase TKOL-Bloom con molto anticipo, e si sarebbe andati molto oltre.

6 minutes ago, @li said:

mah di solito lui anche piu tardi twitta... si sa che è uno che se la prende comoda :P:D

Si deve sincronizzare con il fuso orario di Brasilia :ride:

7 minutes ago, @li said:

comunque la prima data è Venerdi 7: ha tutta la settimana.

Per il singolo o per l'album?

Perché io ho la sensazione o che faccia uscire oggi il singolo e annunci l'uscita dell'album per venerdì;  oppure che esca il singolo venerdì e annunci l'uscita dell'album per lunedì 10.