• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finalmente aggiornamenti sostanziosi!

I’ve started working on my own solo project. I go back into the studio next week. We’ve only done three or four weeks and I’m very excited about it. I’m working with the producer Flood, Catherine Marks. I’ve just had an amazing three week recording period with Omar Hakim and Nathan East and Dave Okumu. We’ve tracked some stuff and we have some backing tracks and I’m going back into the studio with Flood and Catherine to finish those tracks up and will start some new stuff in the new year.

Because the Radiohead touring has been going on longer than I expected, I wasn’t able to start the record October of this year. So the idea is to have it finished by this summer to have it all mixed and mastered. Then we have to find a label for it. So we’re looking at the back end of next year or early 2019.

----

His solo music is inspired by Carnival in Brazil.

It started when we were living in Brazil. It’s not overtly Brazilian but there are definite themes. Without getting into it too much, going to Carnival in Rio was very inspiring. Rhythm and groove were a big part of it. I’m really enjoying it. It feels really right at the moment.

----

His solo album will definitely use his signature Stratocaster.

We had two of them going. Dave Okumu is my lead guitarists and I didn’t expect him to play it and I gave him one at the beginning of the session and he played it all the way through the session. So it’s all over it so far. And the next five weeks, I’ve got a lot of guitar work to do and I think it’ll be my main axe.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ed, intervistato da Radiohead Argentina ha parlato del suo disco solista: è in studio in questo periodo assieme a diversi musicisti (fra i quali spicca il batterista dei Wilco). La musica sarà profonda, emozionale e farà anche ballare :dance: L'ha definito, parole sue, un disco "danzereccio-esistenzialista". 
L'ultima fase di registrazione sarà appena prima dell'inizio del tour sudamericano dei Radiohead e poi in maggio il disco sarà mixato. Alla produzione c'è nientepopodimenoche Flood.

DAJE! 

Just now, @li said:

so di essere in minoranza qui su Scatter ma opterei per la seconda ipotesi (scusa max :P )

sei pessima! (poi dice si rovinano le amicizie)

Io ho forse piu' aspettative per l'album di Ed che per quello di Thom.
nel senso che quello di Ed sa proprio di novita', e davvero e' difficile immaginarsi come sara', quindi grande curiosita'.
Thom bene o male si sa che fa, non mi aspetto grandi stravolgimenti nei suoi lavori solisti.

Poi definire un album "danzerccio-esistenzialista" e' fantastico