Suspiria OST

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finito: le due cantate (a me sono sembrate due ma la prima, la stessa della clip di Thom, che si sente sui titoli iniziali si risente poi anche verso la fine) mi son sembrate bellissime. E non sono elettroniche (anche se qualche elemento c’e) ma col piano.

4 hours ago, @li said:

Finito: le due cantate (a me sono sembrate due ma la prima, la stessa della clip di Thom, che si sente sui titoli iniziali si risente poi anche verso la fine) mi son sembrate bellissime. E non sono elettroniche (anche se qualche elemento c’e) ma col piano.

E il resto????

9 minutes ago, Beat said:

@li voto complessivo alla colonna sonora? 

Sono la persona più sbagliata per darlo. I brani strumentali che si sentono durante il film (intervallati di rumori dialoghi etc) io non riesco proprio a giudicarli. Sarebbe come sentire una volta Treefingers a una recita all’asilo coi bambini urlanti e dover dire se è una cagata o un capolavoro.

Le due cantate mi hanno colpito posItivamente invece forse perché mi aspettavo una cosa diversa.

Ps il film boh... Abbastanza lento e noioso e qualche scena si un po’ forte ma alla fine a me ha fatto zero paura. Una scena l’ho trovata perfino un po’ ridicola.

Considerazione generale: per me l’abbiamo “perso” definitivamente thommaso... una vera e propria trasformazione (temo irreversibile)

21 minutes ago, @li said:

Sono la persona più sbagliata per darlo. I brani strumentali che si sentono durante il film (intervallati di rumori dialoghi etc) io non riesco proprio a giudicarli. Sarebbe come sentire una volta Treefingers a una recita all’asilo coi bambini urlanti e dover dire se è una cagata o un capolavoro.

Le due cantate mi hanno colpito posItivamente invece forse perché mi aspettavo una cosa diversa.

Ps il film boh... Abbastanza lento e noioso e qualche scena si un po’ forte ma alla fine a me ha fatto zero paura. Una scena l’ho trovata perfino un po’ ridicola.

Considerazione generale: per me l’abbiamo “perso” definitivamente thommaso... una vera e propria trasformazione (temo irreversibile)

Finalmente è cresciuto, direi.

Thom Yorke discussed his upcoming score for the horror remake Suspiria – the Radioheadsinger’s first feature-film score – at the Venice Film Festival.

Yorke admitted that, while he loves Dario Argento’s 1977 version of the horror classic, he was reluctant to work on Luca Guadagnino’s remake due to how “legendary” Goblin’s original score is.

“It took a few months to even contemplate the idea,” Yorke said (via the Hollywood Reporter). “I watched the original film several times, and I loved it because it was of that time, an incredibly intense soundtrack. Obviously Goblin and Dario worked incredibly closely when they did it together..

Yorke added of the opportunity to work on Guadagnino’s remake, however, “It was one of those moments in your life where you want to run away but you know you’ll regret it if you do.”

Rather than borrow any specific music from Goblin’s original score, Yorke latched onto the prog band’s use of repeating motifs to create tension and dread. “There’s a way of repeating in music that can hypnotize. I kept thinking to myself that it’s a form of making spells,” Yorke said.

“So when I was working in my studio I was making spells. I know it sounds really stupid, but that’s how I was thinking about it. It was a sort of freedom I’ve not had before. I’ve not worked in the format of song arrangement. I’m just exploring.”

The Radiohead singer added that his score draws from the music of the film’s setting, which is Berlin, Germany in 1977. “I immediately was focusing on Krautrock and all the music of that period and previous to that that I really loved,” Yorke said.

3 hours ago, @li said:

Mah boh... tra il look e come si comportava con lei a me è più sembrato in preda a una regressione adolescenziale a dire la verità.

comunque molto curiosa di risentire bene il brano dei titoli di testa che mi è sembrato molto bello.

recentemente ho rivisto Lost in Translation. Thommasino sembra Bill Murray, nel bel mezzo di una crisi di mezza età  :laugh: 

20 hours ago, @li said:

bon premetto che l'audio è quello che permette una registrazione col cellulare (e ci sono sopra i rumori del film) ma questa è una delle due cantate.

Che ne pensate?

Ne penso tutto il bene possibile. Thom c'è, eccome. Che poi si conceda sortite mondane e si comporti in preda alla crisi dei 50 imminenti...

bhè, chissene! La sua musica conta.La sua voce conta.E mi piacciono un sacco.

Grazie @li!

On 9/2/2018 at 6:40 PM, @li said:

bon premetto che l'audio è quello che permette una registrazione col cellulare (e ci sono sopra i rumori del film) ma questa è una delle due cantate.

Che ne pensate?

Sembra bello per ciò che si riesce a capire. Il giro di accordi iniziale e il coro che subentra sotto (che penso appartenga all'oramai fedele LCO) mi ha ricordato molto certe cose di Bjork in Vespertine. Quindi bene direi :)

Ho trovato su reddit questa bella intervista a Thom, vi consiglio vivamente la lettura :)

Some men buy a motor when they turn 50, but Radiohead front man Thom Yorke treats himself to a new job as a film composer. With nodding knees he wrote the music for Suspiria , a crazy remake of Dario Argento's eponymous 1977 culthorrror film. We had an exclusive talk with Yorke at the Venice Film Festival, where the film premiered last weekend.

"What the hell is not here," Thom Yorke thought to himself when he was standing in front of an army of loudly screaming photographers on Saturday evening, on the red carpet of the Venice Film Festival. Radiohead's frontman, who turns 50 next month, is not so keen on media attention. Let alone on the circus that comes with a glamorous film premiere. "For me it feels like I'm being put in front of the firing squad," he grins.

Fortunately, that torment is behind us when we meet Yorke. The singer looks completely relaxed. Through the open window we hear the sea rustling softly, and in the corner of the room is York's girlfriend: the Italian actress Dajana Roncione, who visibly makes him happy. The somber, stubborn Yorke that you might expect based on his music is nowhere to be found. With his manicured man and his minimalistic outfit in soft pastel colors he even radiates something Japanese.

A year ago, however, Yorke was less inclined: when, at the request of Call Me By Your Name director Luca Guadagnino, he started writing music for his next film Suspiria - a remake of Dario Argento's eponymous 1977 culthorrror film - he got embarrassed. "A frightening experience", he called it at the time.

Was it so bad?

"No, I meant that positively! ( Laughs ) It was just all very new to me: working for someone else, in the context of a horror film, and with complicated dance scenes ... That was a direction that I myself normally would never go out, so I really had to push myself. "

Was it the first time that a director asked you to write film music?

( smiles ) "No. They also approached me for Fight Club ."

A film that is now considered one of the greatest classics of the 90s. Why did you refuse then?

"Because I was completely broken, we had just finished OK Computer , and I was not able to do anything anymore, let alone write a soundtrack, so I said " naaah " when they sent me the scenario ( laughs ) I know Edward Norton ( the protagonist in 'Fight Club', LT ) well: he makes a joke every time we see each other. "

Do you regret it yourself?

"Of course, but I had probably made a mess of it at the time, and the soundtrack that the Dust Brothers made in the end was perfect."

'If I ever started making film music, horror seemed to me the best genre to work with'

How did you get involved in Suspiria ?

"Luca Guadagnino asked me myself, and again I wanted to say no. ( Laughs ) The idea did not appeal to me immediately, but the way in which Luca described what he wanted to do, caught me in. Witchcraft, dance, the collective energy of a group of women: I found these elements very fascinating, and if I ever started to make film music, horror seemed to me the best genre to work with. "

Horror is indeed not strange: your songs, artwork and video clips are full of darkness, fear and paranoia.

"Exactly. ( Laughs ) And it was great to let me go all the way in. I've always liked to make creepy sounds, and now I finally had a free conduct in my studio for days the most frightening sounds from my modularity. synthesizer to be pressed in. Delicious: "And I'm being paid for it too!", I thought constantly. " ( laughs )

Your Radiohead colleague Jonny Greenwood has been making film music for a long time.

"Yes, I have a huge admiration for Jonny's film music, and when I saw Phantom Thread , I really wanted to kill him." ( Laughs ) What he did with that soundtrack is so difficult! I saw him study Debits for days on end, and then just sit down at the piano and do his thing, I thought, "Holy shit, and I work with that guy!" ( laughs ) I was very proud of him. "

Have you consulted Jonny before you started Suspiria ?

"Yes, we usually just get rid of each other, but now he has given me some very useful tips, for example that I could start to write before I got the images my music would be used for. you slow down a lot, I just pretended to make an ordinary album - that felt more familiar. "

Will Suspiria become a full-fledged album?

"Yes, even a double album, I have written a lot of music, and it is not all used in the film, but I am very satisfied with it, and I spent a year and a half of my life on it. : I made all those songs on commission, sometimes with very specific instructions from Luca - a choir here, a string quartet there ... But in the end you make all those songs your own, and that's how I realized in the long run: this is a record The music can stand on its own There is also a clear evolution: it all starts very light, but at the end of the second album it gets really fucked up . " ( laughs )

The opening number could have been just as good on a Radiohead record.

"Yes, except that it is a waltz, so that would never get past Jonny. (Laughs)" It's a fucking waltz! " he would say so we will never be able to play live, I fear. "

The music of Goblin from the original Suspiria is legendary. Have you used them as inspiration, or have you consciously stayed away from them?

'I have become increasingly filmic in my way of writing. I now enjoy creating more songs in the abstract '

"When people heard that I was going to make the music for the remake, they said," Are you crazy, how the hell are you going to do that? " Because the soundtrack of the original film is very intense, the whole film is like a very long rock video, but what Luca proposed was miles away from it, he said: 'Thom, I want to make the most melancholy horror film ever'. nice, because with melancholy I have some experience. ( laughs ) Then I understood that in my soundtrack I did not necessarily have to refer to the original music of Goblin, let alone let me intimidate it .. They are really two completely different soundtracks . "

Is film actually important in your life?

"Nowadays!" ( Looks at Dajana ) We watch a lot of movies at home, hey, with the children often, Christopher Nolan is one of our big favorites, as a child I was fascinated by 2001: A Space Odyssey and when we went with Radiohead OK Computer , we have reviewed all spaghetti westerns with music by Ennio Morricone. "

Is film an influence in your music?

"I think so, more and more: in the past I was focused on songwriting : I wanted to be told something in a three, four, five-minute song, but I've become more and more film-like in my way of writing. create numbers in the abstract. "

You will be 50 ...

"Thank you for reminding me of that." ( laughs )

Do you still enjoy being in a rock band?

"I enjoy it even more now than in my twenties." When I was young, I did not feel so comfortable with what such a band brought with me. "I was an angry fucker.. I was constantly rebelling against everything. That made life quite difficult. Now I have taken much more peace with what I do in life. I used to be an obsessive perfectionist. It had to be like that, and not otherwise. I could not let go of the control, even on the stage. But over time I have come to realize that the whole point of a live performance is to release the reins. An artistic process only becomes exciting when you start with a certain idea, but do not know where you will end up. That is why I can now work on a horror film. I would never have done that in my twenties. Now I just let myself be carried away, and we see where it goes. Delicious. "

3 minutes ago, frasky said:

p.s.

Dopo un anno e mezzo ho pensato fossimo pronti per togliere il punto di domanda dal titolo del thread :D

grazie.

giusto.

9 minutes ago, frasky said:

The opening number could have been just as good on a Radiohead record.

eh... l'avevo detto io che era bella... :wub:

10 minutes ago, @li said:

eh... l'avevo detto io che era bella... :wub:

Ma una opening track alla EIIRP o alla BTW? :laugh: (scherzo)

Che hype! :music:

Lo so che sto monopolizzando sto thread con i miei link, ma ho trovato gli altri spezzoni della video intervista che avevo linkato prima :angel:

https://www.gettyimages.co.jp/detail/動画/thom-yorke-on-the-process-of-composing-the-film-at-suspiria-ニュース動画/1029870850

Alcune parti sono state trascritte già altrove, ma ad esempio quello che dice nel video qua sopra mi è nuovo.