Julia Holter

Wanderer

39 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

contento ti sian piaciuti i pezzi:) secondo me, se un po' ho capito i tuoi gusti, il disco non ti deluderà.

Io dovrei sentire i precedenti:)

Comunque pandroid ha fatto la furbata perchè t'ha piazzato li la più sperimentale del disco:P

Infatti mai avrei pensato di idolatrare Vazquez.

Piaciuta altrettanto la tua comunque.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ascoltato anche il live pubblicato quest'anno: bello, ma lei mi piace di più in studio. Comunque sempre raffinatissima e di classe. Ottima registrazione, certo è un disco che non presenta grandissima utilità in quanto i riarrangiamenti non sono tantissimi e il materiale è similare alle esecuzioni in studio, solo ridotte più all'osso. 

Ma ho letto che il progetto è della Domino Records che da un po' manda fuori dischi di gente dell'etichetta dal vivo in studio "catturati" con metodi di registrazione ad alta qualità e la julia s'è prestata. 

Buono, però lei dal vivo deve ancora convincermi del tutto - e in questo senso abbastanza rivedibile il live alla NPR:o

@On a Friday muoviti a sentire Loud city song, per me pure meglio di HYIMW! :clapclap:

Loud City Song 

World 8

Maxim's I 8.5

Horns Surrounding Me 9

In The Green Wild 8.5

Hello Strangers 8

Maxim's II 8.5

He's Running Through My Eyes 8.5

This Is A True Heart 9

City Appearing 9

Have You In My Wilderness

Feel You 8 

Silhoutte 8.5

How Long 8

Lucette 8.5

Sea Calls Me 8

Night Song 8

Everytime's Boots 8 

Betsy On The Roof 8.5

Vasquez 9

Have You In My Wilderness 8

scarsa la ragazza:wub:

e, forse sarò tra i pochi ma Loud City Song>HYIMW anche se parliamo di due disconi!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

E' tornata, come detto. Doppio album

Tracklist 
01. Turn The Light On 
02. Whether 
03. Chaitius 
04. Voce Simul 
05. Everyday Is An Emergency 
06. Another Dream 
07. I Shall Love 2 
08. Underneath The Moon 
09. Colligere 
10. In Gardens’ Muteness 
11. I Would Rather See 
12. Les Jeux To You 
13. Words I Heard 
14. I Shall Love 1 
15. Why Sad Song 

Il singolo mi spiazza. Hype comunque, la ritengo bravissima e originale, cosa non facile. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://diymag.com/2018/10/17/julia-holter-aviary-interview-words-i-heard-video-watch

Telling us about the new track, Julia says: “‘Words I Heard’ is dear to me and really feels like such a true expression of how I’m feeling these days. It was one of the songs that started as an improvisation on synth and voice, and it eventually morphed into something different, a piano and voice song, that was earnest, an expression of frustration about and love for our human faults these days, with a bit of hope, and the ballad-like vibe was a struggle for me to deal with actually.

“At first, it felt a bit dreary/sad, and this was a moment that I realized how important arranging is—I knew it needed a spaced-out crazy string arrangement, to avoid the dirge-like quality, and I played with it a bit harmonically as well. I improvised some melodies to fly around the song, and then transcribed that for violin into 4 parts, (inspired loosely by Alice Coltrane’s approaches to strings and synth on her record “Universal Consciousness”) each in similar ranges, doing similar things but at different times, kind of diving into that “hocketing” effect I was into throughout the record.

That exciting combination of synth and strings in Coltrane’s music feels hopeful in a way, the beauty feels infinite or something, and I was inspired by it. There were a lot of production choices made as well, I wanted everything to blend so it was not just a traditional ballad where the voice overpowered everything, I kind of wanted the voice and the 4 violins to sit and blend together in the beautiful ugly murk of humanity—Kenny Gilmore worked a lot on this song with me to give it the best sound despite the tricky components, getting so many mid-range frequencies to work together can be a challenge, this might forever be the case with my music, as I love mid-range haha.”

Sentito anche io solo il primo dei due dischi per ora, @Wanderer

Solo una volta per ora, quindi non mi sbilancio, ma per usare parole colte: ella madonna, che trip!

Spiazzato di brutto, rispetto a I shall love 2 (piacevolmente, si intenda!). Non vedo l'ora di ascoltare il secondo disco, e di risentire il primo.