(Ocean) Bloom - Radiohead + Hans Zimmer

@li

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-41266667

Radiohead dive into Blue Planet II soundtrack

Radiohead have teamed up with composer Hans Zimmer to work on the soundtrack to the BBC's forthcoming natural history series, Blue Planet II.

Inspired by the sounds of the sea, the band have recorded an orchestral version of the song Bloom, from their 2011 album The King Of Limbs.

Called (ocean) bloom, the piece will be featured in a five-minute prequel, released on 27 September.

It features new vocals from Thom Yorke alongside the BBC Concert Orchestra.

"Bloom was inspired by the original Blue Planet series so it's great to be able to come full circle with the song and reimagine it for this incredible landmark's sequel," said Yorke in a press release.

"Hans is a prodigious composer who effortlessly straddles several musical genres so it was liberating for us all to work with such a talent and see how he wove the sound of the series and Bloom together."

The prequel - which will be released globally - features "some of the most awe-inspiring shots and highlights from the new series," said the BBC, as well as exclusive scenes that will not feature in any the televised episodes.

Sir David Attenborough returns to narrate the prequel as well as the series, which was filmed over four years.

The BBC says it will include footage of newly discovered and never-before filmed creatures.

Among them is a new species of crab with a hairy chest - nicknamed the "Hoff crab" after Baywatch star David Hasselhoff.

The documentary's executive producer, James Honeyborne, said Radiohead's new song was "an incredibly powerful companion to the scenes we've spent years capturing."

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, frasky said:

@Greenglasseyes ho visto che hai editato il thread che avevi creato, l'ho chiuso io ;) 

Forse lei non aveva visto questo thread, perché erroneamente si trova nella sezione "side projects:" trattandosi di un progetto targato Radiohead dovrebbe essere nella sezione "generale". @@li si dev'essere distratta, pensando si trattasse roba di Thom solo :) (oppure, lapsus freudiano pensa che Bloom e TKOL non siano un progetto dei Radiohead :diav::P )

geoff stabds with radiohead:D

Hi Ellie I think it's because Radiohead write they're own music (no co-writes)and they are one of the biggest bands in the world.

non si sa quale sia il twitter che ha scatenato l'ennesima polemica dell'uomo più arrabbiato di bristol, mas probabilmente era "Perchè ci sono i radiohead in un doc della bbc?"

20 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

geoff stabds with radiohead:D

Hi Ellie I think it's because Radiohead write they're own music (no co-writes)and they are one of the biggest bands in the world.

non si sa quale sia il twitter che ha scatenato l'ennesima polemica dell'uomo più arrabbiato di bristol, mas probabilmente era "Perchè ci sono i radiohead in un doc della bbc?"

ci ho messo un po' a capire anche io ma il tweet iniziale era di Ellie Golding (si chiama cosi?) e diceva tipo... ok perche' loro e nn io?

e lui le ha risposto appunto

"Hi Ellie I think it's because Radiohead write they're own music (no co-writes)and they are one of the biggest bands in the world "

nel tweet successivo le ha anche scritto: "Hi Ellie I also forgot to mention that they are "RADIOHEAD". Maybe you should google them"
:D:D

io comunque mi sto innamorando perdutamente di Geoff Barrow: troppo bastardo per nn piacermi alla follia :P

• 2 weeks later...

bbcearth.com/blueplanet2

Ci sono già un paio di clips di pochi secondi. Invece la finestra su Hans Zimmer era vuota.

Domani (mercoledi 27/9) mattina,invece, su BBC radio 6 music, Thom e Hans Zimmer parlano  con Shaun Keaveny (ore 08.00-11.00 Italia,  07.00-10.00 uk). A che ora esattamente,  non si sa ancora. bbc.co.uk/programmes/b095g5mw