Philip Selway - Strange Dance

Lacatus

• 2 months later...

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya. Delighted to release ‘Live At Evolution Studios’ today on @bella_union. I recorded this performance at @evolutionstudiosoxford back in April with the brilliant @elysiancollectivemusic and #ChrisVatalaro, with beautiful string arrangements by Laura Moody @msmoodymusic. Here’s the performance of ‘The Other Side’ which is on the album. @jennymayfind @pocket_leopard @violagoff ❤️❤️ https://ffm.to/theheartofitalllive Px

On 12/4/2023 at 11:15 AM, @li said:
Tiny Desk che doveva essere dei Radiohead coi pezzi nuovi ma gli altri hanno scritto a Phil che sono rimasti bloccati nel traffico e siccome lui era venuto a piedi è andata così bella philip

Ho provato a guardarlo, come ho provato ad ascoltare tempo l'album, ma è inutile: Strange Dance è la peggiore fra le 3 prove soliste di Phil.

• 3 weeks later...

Uh e’ morto il papà di Phil :(

Hiya. 2023 has been quite the year. Big love and thanks to all the people who made it possible and to everyone who has listened to my music and come to see me play.

Photo 1. I released three solo albums (‘Strange Dance’, ‘Liminal’ & ‘Live At Evolution Studios with Elysian Collective and Chris Vatalaro’) and had exhibitions at @cromwellplace & @rwabristol with @stewart.geddes. Thanks to @martasalogni, Nick Moorbath, all the incredible musicians and engineers who worked on these records, Brian Message @atcmanagement @bella_union @pias @downtownmusicpublishing @airedelmusic Kevin McCabe and all at @deviatedigital

Photo 2. An amazing year with @lanternsonthelake releasing ‘Versions Of Us’, doing a UK tour and filming at @theoldchurchstudio. Great to see @sophiejamiesonmusic @colouring & @erniethechief play opening shows on the tour. @bob._.allan @achanmusic @gregopau @matt.hardy.drums @hazel.wilde 🧡🧡🧡

Photo 3. Loved doing a solo UK & European tour, playing with @quintamakes @adrian.utley #ChrisVatalaro @elysiancollectivemusic @irishchamberorchestra (so actually, not so solo when I see it written down…) with beautiful orchestral arrangements from @msmoodymusic. 
Huge thanks to @adamlwashington & @mike_gilray_crawford @13_artists and also to @johnjpresley @danielle_perry @hannahfeenstramusic & @dilettantesongs

Photo 4. In September I went to the US and played with the brilliant @acmenewmusic & #ChrisVatalaro at @lprnyc @nprmusic #tinydesk & @wxpnfm #freeatnoon. Thanks to @pias @kinzelcarole & @creativeartistsagency

Photo 5. A huge honour to be an ambassador for @ivw_uk in their 10th anniversary year and to play at some of my favourite venues during #IndependentVenueWeek. 🙌🏻💪🏻 @sybilinlondon

Photo 6. Had the best times and made fantastic music, playing with @jamesyorkston @theninapersson The Second Hand Orchestra, @marjoleinrobertson & @rachelsermanni throughout the year

Photo 7. Videos, radio and more with ‘Picking Up Pieces’ @ms_stackhouse @liamfrancisdance @kenneththarp #SiobhanDavies @_williamwilliamson_ @uncommon_ldn @mari.anthi_, Live At Evolution Studios with @elysiancollectivemusic #ChrisVatalaro @robirishmedia, The Evolution Sessions with @hannahpeelmusic & @paul_wightman & Nick Moorbath @evolutionstudiosoxford, and @bbcworldservice #MusicLife with @errollyn9552 @valentina_magaletti & Hannah Peel

Photo 8. Dream come true to contribute a version of Nick Drake’s ‘Fly’ to ‘The Endless Coloured Ways’, and to be part of the album launch with @everittmatt, Cally Callomon, Jeremy Lascelles, @katherinepriddy & @thelegofgrandma

Photo 9. And more than anything, I will treasure this last year with my Dad, Mike Selway, 25.06.1936 - 21.12.2023
Philip ❤️❤️❤️x