1997-09-14 Brighton Centre

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=516314

Radiohead
Brighton Centre
1997-09-14

Radiohead’s final show of a brief run of theatre/smallish arena venues before breaking out into larger arenas later that year. I can’t remember too much about the show having not listened to it in many years. The Brighton Centre doesn’t have the best acoustics, didn’t then, doesn’t now. It suffers from having a relatively low ceiling and not being a particularly deep venue. This results in recordings sounding as if they were recorded in a box. I’ve recorded five shows at the venue over the years, with different equipment, and all have the same claustrophobic sound. Not selling it well am I? Anyway, enjoy it for what it is. An above average recording for it’s time that hasn’t been shared until now. I don’t think I’ve seen any other versions over the years. A set-list containing all the usual suspects the odd b-side and a rarely played song from the first album.

Recorded and uploaded by Pennyghael with my Sony MZ-R3 minidisk recorded and Sony ECM 707 mic. Transferred to iMac, levels adjusted and tracks split with audacity, converted to FLAC with xACT.

Intro - Fitter Happier
Airbag 

Karma Police 

My Iron Lung 

Exit Music (for a Film) 

Subterranean Homesick Alien 

Lurgee 

The Bends 

Talk Show Host 

Paranoid Android 

Bishop's Robes 

Electioneering