Sign in to follow this  
Lacatus

I Radiohead e il jazz

Thom, parlando di A Reminder

Chris Douridas: "It's such a beautiful song. It really is, it's something, it's, um, magical stuff. It's called, um,-

Thom: "Ooh, ooh, Ooh-

Chris: "It's called 'A Reminder', is that what it's called?

Thom: "Yeah.

Chris: "Um, but this is a B-side. This is not even gonna be on the album.

Thom: "Right, yeah, this is right.

Chris: "So this is, uh, you know, if people are diggin' this, wait 'til they hear the album.

Thom: "Yeah, or, or, maybe we just put all the wrong ones on, y'see?

Chris: "Nah, I doubt that's true.

Thom: "No, I don't think so. I mean it was, it was, um, a pretty difficult two or three weeks, where we had, um, had to argue about what went on or not.

Chris: "Hm.

Thom: "And it was like because there was five of us in the band, I was k- it ended up like I was having the casting vote on things which was sort of kind of hard, actually.

Chris: "Puts you in a bad position. [laughs]

Thom: "Yeah. [laughs] Can't really win. But it was many many sleepless nights.

Chris: "So what's the story behind this song?

Thom: "That song was, um, it was in, um, it was, it was weird, actually. It was written on, on one of those days off you have on a tour where, um, you, you literally, all you do is sit in your hotel room, 'cause there's nothing- it was a Sunday, it was someplace near Hershey. Got no idea where. It was just, there was just nothing. To do at all, and uh, I had, I just had this idea of, of, of someone writing a song, sending it to someone, and saying 'If I ever lose it, you just pick up the phone and play me this song, back, to remind me.' So that was it.

Chris: "Wow. [laughs] Did you, did you- was this song written on keyboards?

Thom: "No, it wasn't, no. I mean that's all Jonny, um, that's all Jonny on, on Fender Rhodes really. Um, it was funny actually, 'cause I was listening to Pharoah Sanders this morning, and it's like- and, and that's where it's all from- [laughs]

Credo che il pezzo di Pharoah Sanders al quale si riferisce Thom sia Astral Travelling dove pianista Lonnie Liston Smith suona al Rhodes una parte simile a quella di Jonny in A Reminder):

Aggiornamento (scusate il ritardo)

On 15/11/2010 at 1:16 PM, Lacatus said:

A MOON SHAPED POOL
L'intro/outro di The Numbers è un omaggio a Coltrane: la parte di pianoforte suonata da Jonny lo stile di Alice Coltrane e anche i campanellini (ascoltare Shiva-Loka, dall'album Journey In Satchidananda, per credere)

un giorno mi piacerebbe provare a fare un post con tutti i irmandi jazz dei radiohead...

15 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

Mammamia che cosa non è Bloom! :prego:  Altro che Macerata! 

Questo è uno dei topic più belli di tutta scatter... l'altro giorno mi sono riascoltato Atoms For Peace versione brasileira:

Cover di Bloom di Yazz Amhed, che ha suonato le parti di flicorno in Bloom e Codex su TKOL

(Il disco mi sembra bello ma questa cover non mi piace)

35 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

Cover di Bloom di Yazz Amhed, che ha suonato le parti di flicorno in Bloom e Codex su TKOL

(Il disco mi sembra bello ma questa cover non mi piace)

Perché non ti piace? E' BloomBloom B)

4 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

non mi pace la ritmica...

Vero, moscia... si limita a tenere il tempo, però tutto il resto è una sinfonia :wub: