Noel Gallagher

TomThom

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Speaking ahead of his intimate show for Xfm and War Child at Dingwalls in Camden the former Oasis man explained how the Olympic Closing Ceremony organisers had to get his agreement for the iconic track - written by Noel - to be used by his brother/former bandmate's new band.

"They had to re-record it and then send it to me," he explained to Xfm's Danny Wallace.

"I did play a bit of cat and mouse with them for a few days - I took it 'til Friday night at ten o'clock before I said yes and they were shitting it. Not Beady Eye, the organisers. Because I had to say yeah and I was like 'meh... it's alright.... I'm not sure with this new string arrangement' and they were like 'fuck! the gig's on Sunday' so I was like 'okay, alright, you can have it then'."

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Boh, non mi pare che ci sará il disco, ma semplicemente tutte le versioni demo dei pezzi del disco.

NOEL GALLAGHER’S HIGH FLYING BIRDS RELEASE A LIVE DVD “INTERNATIONAL MAGIC LIVE AT THE O2” ON OCTOBER 15TH

“International Magic Live At The O2” comprises two DVDs packed with exclusive footage. Disc 1 features Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds live at London’s O2 on Feb 26, 2012, the biggest Arena show Noel’s band have played to date. Disc 2 features an acoustic set by Noel at The Mod Club Toronto, the “Ride The Tiger” video trilogy plus footage from the NME Awards. The special edition package also includes an exclusive CD featuring all the demos of album tracks, B sides and previously unreleased live favourite – “Freaky Teeth”.

“Ride The Tiger” is a 20 minute film comprising three of Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds videos – directed by Mike Bruce. The trilogy sees “If I Had A Gun….”, “The Death Of You and Me” and “AKA…What A Life!” linked together to create one continuous film (“…the most successful video trilogy of all time…” – Entertainment Weekly). It also features snippets of “Shoot A Hole Into The Sun” - one of the tracks Noel recorded with The Amorphous Androgynous.

The NME Awards saw Noel win Godlike Genius where he also played the closing set of the night, bringing the star-studded crowd to their feet – all captured on disc 2 of the DVD.

The special edition package will also include an exclusive CD – “Faster Than The Speed Of Magic” – tracklisting below:

1. Everybody’s On The Run (Demo)

2. Dream On (Demo)

3. If I Had A Gun… (Demo)

4. (People Who Would Be) The Death Of You And Me (Demo)

5. Record Machine (Demo)

6. Ride The Tiger AKA What A Life! (Demo)

7. Soldier Boys And Jesus Freaks (Demo)

8. Fallen Angel AKA Broken Arrow (Demo)

9. (Stranded On) The Wrong Beach (Demo)

10. Stop The Clocks (Demo)

11. The Good Rebel (Demo)

12. I’d Pick You Every Time (Demo)

13. Freaky Teeth (Demo)

“International Magic Live At The O2” is out on Sour Mash Records on October 15th.

Boh, non mi pare che ci sará il disco, ma semplicemente tutte le versioni demo dei pezzi del disco.

NOEL GALLAGHER’S HIGH FLYING BIRDS RELEASE A LIVE DVD “INTERNATIONAL MAGIC LIVE AT THE O2” ON OCTOBER 15TH

“International Magic Live At The O2” comprises two DVDs packed with exclusive footage. Disc 1 features Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds live at London’s O2 on Feb 26, 2012, the biggest Arena show Noel’s band have played to date. Disc 2 features an acoustic set by Noel at The Mod Club Toronto, the “Ride The Tiger” video trilogy plus footage from the NME Awards. The special edition package also includes an exclusive CD featuring all the demos of album tracks, B sides and previously unreleased live favourite – “Freaky Teeth”.

“Ride The Tiger” is a 20 minute film comprising three of Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds videos – directed by Mike Bruce. The trilogy sees “If I Had A Gun….”, “The Death Of You and Me” and “AKA…What A Life!” linked together to create one continuous film (“…the most successful video trilogy of all time…” – Entertainment Weekly). It also features snippets of “Shoot A Hole Into The Sun” - one of the tracks Noel recorded with The Amorphous Androgynous.

The NME Awards saw Noel win Godlike Genius where he also played the closing set of the night, bringing the star-studded crowd to their feet – all captured on disc 2 of the DVD.

The special edition package will also include an exclusive CD – “Faster Than The Speed Of Magic” – tracklisting below:

1. Everybody’s On The Run (Demo)

2. Dream On (Demo)

3. If I Had A Gun… (Demo)

4. (People Who Would Be) The Death Of You And Me (Demo)

5. Record Machine (Demo)

6. Ride The Tiger AKA What A Life! (Demo)

7. Soldier Boys And Jesus Freaks (Demo)

8. Fallen Angel AKA Broken Arrow (Demo)

9. (Stranded On) The Wrong Beach (Demo)

10. Stop The Clocks (Demo)

11. The Good Rebel (Demo)

12. I’d Pick You Every Time (Demo)

13. Freaky Teeth (Demo)

“International Magic Live At The O2” is out on Sour Mash Records on October 15th.

Devo aver letto male allora.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Su prontoticket si trovano ancora delle gradinate (non numerate) a 25 euro per Bologna...Laca, vieni? :laugh::uhm:

Sarei venuto, non scherzo.

Dopotutto l'ho ascoltato tantissimo ai tempi andati e ho apprezzato anche il debutto solista. Ci saremmo fatti 2 birre e via coi cori da stadio (e poi dopotutto ho visto dal vivo Sabrina Salerno, Pelù, J Ax, Marco Masini, Ivana Spagna...con Noel avrei chiuso il cerchio :D )

Purtroppo ho sputtanato gli ultimi soldi per il concerto di Firenze dei Radiohead e per i Tame Impala il mese prossimo a Milano...quindi nada...

Per le birre sono comunque disponibile. ;)

Daniele c'è. Tommaso, dai vieni che nel dopoconcerto beviamo con Natale e Nicola in via Zamboni!

Tramite il buon Pan ho un biglietto per il parterre! Solo, arriverò a un orario indegno perché lavoro, tipo alle 20.50, quindi direi che ci si vede dopo.