Thom Yorke - Tomorrow's Modern Boxes

frasky

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Per un solo commento fatto poi da un napoletano che tifa juve (cioé la peggior specie che esista sul pianeta Terra)? Dai su, che te frega :laugh:

ma lo conosci il tipo? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Il forum del mucchio è fantastico, un catino di esperienze umane che neanche bombay :laugh::laugh:

quelle rare volte che lo leggo regala soddisfazioni

On first pass, Tomorrow’s Modern Boxes feels more like a world to be explored than a set of songs you can experience casually. Yorke’s albums are rarely like that, but these songs in particular are so uniform in mood and aesthetic that they seem to bleed into each other. Some will probably find this music too bleak for regular rotation, likely lamenting that Yorke’s melodies are either garbled, buried, or nonexistent. He’s spent a decade and a half away from the guitar theatrics and triumphant wailing that first won Radiohead accolades, but he’s never ventured further from all that than he does here, which is really saying something. Yet for all its deathly bleakness, this is lively and inspired stuff from a guy I was starting to worry had lost his touch. I don’t have to work to get immersed inTomorrow’s Modern Boxes the way I did with Amok and The King Of Limbs. It just washes over me, and I have a feeling that as we return to it in the coming weeks and months, new flashes of color will keep leaping out of the gray.