A Light for Attracting Attention

Lacatus

30 minutes ago, Gasba said:

quindi i the smile sono tutta una montatura per far uscire il nuovo album dei portishead :o

Muoro. :prego:

8 hours ago, OKPC_82 said:

No non ne capisco il senso…capisco i progetti solisti, ma in questo caso le 2 menti del gruppo + Nigel fondano un progetto per fare musica che di fatto potrebbero suonare nei Radiohead…faccio veramente fatica a comprenderlo.

@max [idioteque.it] semmai un giorno EOB dovesse mettere le sue manacce sulla roba degli Smile puoi bannarmi dal forum.
(nel frattempo: L'EDIT!!!11!!)

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anche il materiale dei The Smile è immatricolato su ISRC.

https://isrc.soundexchange.com/#!/search?artistName=The Smile&trackTitle=&releaseName=&recordingYear=2021&tab=advanced&showReleases&start=0&number=10

Si tratta però delle versioni Live At Worthy Farm, che già conosciamo e risultano già pubblicate (il 1 giugno 2021) per la XL Recordings...

Intervista a Jonny su NME:

https://www.nme.com/news/music/jonny-greenwood-spencer-soundtrack-interview-radiohead-new-album-the-smile-3036092

...a proposito degli Smile dice: 

The Smile came about from just wanting to work on music with Thom in lockdown. We didn’t have much time, but we just wanted to finish some songs together. It’s been very stop-start, but it’s felt a happy way to make music.”

“Lots of it is just about finished. We’re sitting in front of a pile of music, working out what will make the record. We’re thinking of how much to include, whether it’s really finished or if there are a few guitars that need fixing. I’d hope it’ll come out soon, but I’m the wrong person to ask."

"I’m very relieved that everything for Spencer finishes this week, because next week we can get into The Smile and make sure that’s in a healthy state.”

e anche

Will you tour The Smile?

“No idea. It’s undiscussed and undecided. But it feels like we now have to start engaging with the outside world, having worked on this stuff alone. That’s the test, when people finally hear it. I’m looking forward to that, as what the outside world makes of you is more than half the reason for doing it. I’ve never understood the idea of music for its own sake. I remember bands I like who brought out albums I thought were disappointing. The fear of that is a big one. I’ve not met anyone who claims they don’t think about that stuff.”

e anche (e soprattutto) 😍

You played ‘Skating On The Surface’ at the Glastonbury livestream. It started out when Thom played it with Atoms For Peace, then Radiohead played it in 2012. How has it become a Smile song?

Well, I don’t know if it’s definitely a song for The Smile. We’ve recorded everything we played at Glastonbury, but I don’t know if it’ll be on the album. Like I say, we’ve got to go through everything in the pile. I’m very relieved that everything for Spencer finishes this week, because next week we can get into The Smile and make sure that’s in a healthy state.”

On 9/3/2021 at 11:29 AM, @li said:

We’ve recorded everything we played at Glastonbury, but I don’t know if it’ll be on the album. Like I say, we’ve got to go through everything in the pile. 

Questa cosa mi era sfuggita.

Quindi di tutti i brani suonati a Glatonbury esiste già una "studio version", ma per nessuno dei brani suonati a Glastonbury c'è la certezza che finirà nell'album, in quanto devono ancora fare la "scrematura". 

Dovrebbe significare che le registrazioni sono terminate e devono solo decidere di fare dei ritocchi e quali brani includere ed escludere dall'album. Poi i mix. Direi che per marzo-aprile 2022 dovremmo esserci.

:dance: 

1 minute ago, Lacatus said:

Questa cosa mi era sfuggita.

Quindi di tutti i brani suonati a Glatonbury esiste già una "studio version", ma per nessuno dei brani suonati a Glastonbury c'è la certezza che finirà nell'album, in quanto devono ancora fare la "scrematura".

Leggila bene l'intervista di jonni @lac perche per me dice un sacco di cose interessanti

1 hour ago, @li said:

Leggila bene l'intervista di jonni @lac perche per me dice un sacco di cose interessanti

1 hour ago, OKPC_82 said:

A parte che non sapeva dell’uscita del box di Kid A/Amnesiac 😂

A questo punto posso solo dire: grazie Jonny per i The Smile :wub:  (e anche grazie per la maggior parte della MUSICA fatta dai Radiohead negli ultimi 10 anni, da The King Of Limbs a A Moon Shaped Pool).

Chiavi a Jonny! :arpa:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • @li changed the title to A Light for Attracting Attention