Harrowdown Hill

più che interpretazione, queste sono le sue parole riguardo Harrowdown Hill.

Harrowdown Hill in Oxfordshire is notable for being the place where the body of Dr David Kelly was found in 2003. His evidence had raised questions about Saddam Hussein's possession of weapons of mass destruction—the official justification for the UK government's decision to invade Iraq. In an interview with The Globe and Mail, Yorke said, "The government and the Ministry of Defence ... were directly responsible for outing him and that put him in a position of unbearable pressure that he couldn't deal with, and they knew they were doing it and what it would do to him. ... I've been feeling really uncomfortable about that song lately, because it was a personal tragedy, and Dr. Kelly has a family who are still grieving. But I also felt that not to write it would perhaps have been worse."[3] In an interview, Yorke said that "Harrowdown Hill" is "the most angry song I've ever written in my life. I'm not gonna get into the background to it, the way I see it..and it's not for me or for any of us to dig any of this up. So it's a bit of an uncomfortable thing."

in poche e nostre parole...

Harrowndown Hill si trova nello Oxfordshire ed è il posto dove è stato ritrovato il cadavere di Dr David Kelly, che aveva messo in dubbio il possesso da parte di Saddam Hussein di armi di distruzioni di massa. La sua morte è avvolta nel mistero e ciò sembra, anche secondo intervista rilasciate da Yorke(v. sempre Rolling Stones luglio 2006), aver ispirato la canzone.

grazie a Wikipedia