Douglas Buck

the original banana co

non riesco a trovare praticamente niente...

ecco delle recensioni di cutting moments:

"Last up is CUTTING MOMENTS by DOUGLAS BUCK. Remember that name because you're going to be hearing it more in the future. He spins a very quiet tale of family dysfunction, incest and the nuclear family meltdown. There is hardly any dialogue, but it isn’t needed with such strong scene construction and acting from his cast. It all leads up to one of the sickest and most disturbing climaxes in many, many years with the nastiest effects Tom Savini has ever done. Cut the moment anyway you like, this one is a keeper."

"Cutting Moments", by Douglas Buck, is about the implosion of a dysfunctional family. The climax, in which a long-suffering wife mutilates herself so horribly as to rival "Hellraiser" 's Uncle Frank, is brutal and mind-blowing. Never has a film inspired such feeling of dread and nausea, unless you count Pauly Shore in "Bio-Dome". It will be a long time before you will forget this one. "Cutting Moments" is a highly-recommended addition to any cult collector's library."

e da l'unica intervista con buck che riesco a trovare:

DT: I can definitely see the influence of Cries & Whispers . Can you talk about that?

DB: I think about it afterwards, and I can see it as an influence now. The scene where she masturbates with a piece of glass and then wipes the blood across her face. The mutilating of female sexuality, the loss of self-esteem, and the loss of esteem with her own sexuality. I think this is the case because of how society is set up to the point where woman are identifying their sexuality according to the dictates of men's reactions to them. And when men's reactions aren't there anymore, their sense of sexuality is lost and becomes a painful thing to carry with them, and almost a troublesome thing. So it becomes something they mutilate in both Cries & Whispers and Cutting Moments . I think it's an incredible moment when she masturbates with that piece of glass in Cries & Whispers.

...adesso ditemi che non vi incuriosisce! quando rivedo il mio amico lo meno...