Patrick Wolf

Untitled

Ho fatto una ricerca e ho notato che non avete un topic su questo pazzo genietto.

Penso e spero per lui che gia' in molti lo conoscano, ha all'attivo 3 dischi "Lycanthropy", "Wind in the wires" e "The magic position". Quale preferire e' piuttosto soggettivo direi, perche' sono tutti ottimi dischi.

Pop, elettronica, new wave richiamando nomi come The cure, David Bowie e molti altri ancora.

Se non lo conoscete provvedete subito.

Quello che fa notizia in questi giorni e l'ultima news su Patrick:

Patrick Wolf asks fans to buy shares in his new album

'Battle' is set to be a double album, Wolf says

Patrick Wolf has asked fans to help cover the cost of his new album by becoming shareholders in it.

Wolf is using the website Bandstocks to help fund the album, 'Battle', which is set to be released in spring 2009.

All fans have to do to become a shareholder is sign up to Bandstocks and pay a £10 fee that Wolf says will help him cover production costs of the album.

Speaking of the venture, Wolf said: "It's the beginning of the future for artists and musicians in the music industry. There's no way we can rely on conglomerate, corporate companies anymore.

"Basically, you can invest in the finishing of the album and the production of it, and you get a share in the album. So you almost become part of the record company, like a co-owner of the album."

Shareholders receive a number of benefits, including exclusive gig tickets and limited edition albums.

Speaking of 'Battle', Wolf said he had intended to make a double album of "dark and solipsistic record with no hope at the end - very much how I felt".

However, a change in his relationship status forced the record to take a new direction. "Something fantastic happened just as I was about to start that journey and I had all these songs to record - I fell in love," he explained.

Wolf says that the record is still a double album though: "One disc is a pure nihilistic battle record, and the second is battles of love."

The album will be released on Wolf's own recently launched record label Bloody Chamber Music.

wind in the wires e the magic position mi piacciono molto :ok: mentre il primo non l'ho ascoltato...

ma io sapevo che s'era ritirato dalle scene, ha cambiato idea?

@antonio: brevemente, nella notizia wolf chiede ai fans di contribuire economicamente alla produzione del nuovo doppio album comprando delle azioni dello stesso... in "cambio" gli investitori riceveranno biglietti di concerti ed edizioni speciali dell'album.

dalla pagina di facebook:

Patrick Wolf announces details of the release of his 4th album, 'Battle', due next Spring. Patrick has chosen to abandon the traditional label route in order to regain full creative control by releasing through his own label, Bloody Chamber Music, funded via Bandstocks.com, the revolutionary funding vehicle that allows fans, indeed anyone, to take a stake in an album’s success through buying stocks at £10 a time. As stockholders, Bandstocks owners will receive a share in the album’s profits, and a variety of privileges. These will include the opportunity to attend Bandstocks-only special events, to buy limited edition albums, and be offered concert tickets before they go on general sale.

Patrick comments -

“My roots in the music industry have always been firmly placed in independent music. As a teenager, I was inspired by visionary labels such as Digital Hardcore, Fierce Panda, Planet Mu, and Tigerbeat 6. As an 18 year old, I was given full creative space by the small label Faith and Industry to grow and to make the records and sounds I had to. After two independent releases I decided to experiment to see what would happen when a major label and my third album collided. It was very beneficial and a great learning curve for me, but I am very happy to be back in the creative, free world of independent music; on my own label, Bloody Chamber Music (A bloody chamber being a heart, a tribute to the book "The Bloody Chamber" by Angela Carter), started earlier this year.

So, here I am. Album four with my own record label. With the old world recording industry a rapidly sinking ship; recording studios closing weekly, free downloads daily, more musicians hitting the long road than ever before to feed themselves, I am happy to have come across a new intimate system of audience and artist participation called Bandstocks. This will be funding Bloody Chamber Music, and the international physical and digital release of my fourth album, Battle, and its collective singles. It’s an exciting game we can play together; you get to be an investor and stakeholder in the album. You will get special editions, first copies of the album, private privileges and mixes... and we get to conquer the world together and show that independence and self sufficiency are the two ways forward and out of the mess the industry is in.

When I pressed my first EP we made one thousand vinyl copies. We sold these at friends’ shops across the UK, and with the money made we funded the mix of Lycanthropy. The music industry needn’t be so complicated or Wizard of Oz. It’s time to drop the curtain and stop relying on a stale patriarchy. I'm excited, I hope you are too. Welcome to the future!”

Bandstocks’ founder, Andrew Lewis, comments "Patrick is an original and genuine talent, destined for great things. I have been a huge fan since I was first introduced to his music four years ago and am extremely excited and honoured by his decision to work with Bandstocks. Bandstocks was designed for artists like Patrick: artists who want to control their own destinies and aren't afraid to take the road less travelled to get there."

To buy your own Bandstock or for more info, go to -

www.bandstocks.com.