Vancouver 30-8-03

streetspirit

Da atease:

MICHAEL STIPE JOINS RADIOHEAD IN VANCOUVER

R.E.M.'s Michael Stipe joined Radiohead on stage doing vocals on 'Karma Police'. :lol: Radiohead's show had far more people attending at the Vancouver Thunderbird Stadium than the night before with R.E.M. Here's the setlist:

01 2+2=5

02 sit down. stand up

03 where i end and you begin

04 kid a ("This is a happy song about heads on sticks")

05 backdrifts

06 myxomatosis

07 lucky (humbly dedicated to r.e.m.)

08 paranoid android

09 sail to the moon

10 you and whose army

11 go to sleep

12 i might be wrong (with some acapella at the end)

13 like spinning plates

14 the gloaming (Thom sang the name of Alistair Campbell a couple of times just before the start of the song, which got sampled later on the song, while thom was marching on the beat.)

15 idioteque

16 no surprises

17 there there

Encore #1:

18 the national anthem

19 a wolf at the door

20 airbag

21 street spirit

Encore #2:

22 karma police

23 just

24 everything in its right place

Il giorno prima...

Before tonight's show at the Thunderbird Stadium in Vancouver, Radiohead were already out there enjoying the R.E.M. show last night. The band walked out on the field before the show started and watched the show from there. Michael Stipe dedicated 'Orange Crush' to Radiohead. After mentioning Radiohead again later in the set, the bass line of Radiohead's 'The National Anthem' was played twice. Michael Stipe said he was going to be there at tonight's show.

During the last two songs two songs Thom Yorke joined R.E.M. on stage. Thom joined Michael Stipe on vocals with 'E-bow the letter'. Thom previously performed this song with R.E.M. at the Tibetan Freedom Concert. For the last song of the set, 'It's the end of the world' Thom was still on the stage doing vocals and even later he took over Peter Buck's guitar and played with the band. It was an amazing performance with Thom joking, dancing and singing on stage.

E' tutto molto BELLO! :)

anche sul sito dei R.E.M. riportano la partecipazione di Thom a ebow the letter.

Mi viene da piangere al pensiero di non esserci stata :(

Dunque il 29.8 i R.E.M.(con la partecipazione di Thom Yorke) e il 30.8 i RH (con la partecipazione di Michael Stipe).

Ma che cosa hanno fatto i vancouveriani per meritarsi queste meraviglie??? sniff