LP10

Signor Taldeitali

:o:o

https://festileaks.com/2018/02/productie-nieuw-radiohead-album-lijkt-volle-gang/

‘Phantom Thread’ Live Orchestra Screenings Announced for Brooklyn and Los Angeles (With Presale Code!) — Exclusive

Exclusive: London Contemporary Orchestra and Wordless Music to perform Jonny Greenwood's Oscar nominated score at two special screenings. Tickets go on sale this week.
chris-ofalt.png?resize=96%2C96

Chris O'Falt

Jan 24, 2018 10:00 am

@cofalt

• 5232.jpg?w=780

“Phantom Thread”

Here’s another reason to be glad that composer Jonny Greenwood received his first Oscar nomination: He and director Paul Thomas Anderson are reteaming with Wordless Music and the London Contemporary Orchestra for two special live orchestra screenings of “Phantom Thread” in the two weeks leading up to the Academy Awards. The two live-score screenings will take place at BAM’s Howard Gilman Opera House in Brooklyn February 24, and at The Theatre at Ace Hotel in Los Angeles March 2.

Brooklyn-based Wordless Music specializes in live-score screenings of what the group deems to be the canon of modern cinema; previous performances include “The Tree of Life,” “Moonlight,” and “Under the Skin” as well as “There Will Be Blood,” for which Greenwood also performed with the group.

“Paul’s team got us into an early screening of ‘Phantom Thread’ and as soon as I saw it and heard that score, I knew we had to do this film,” said Wordless Music founder Ronen Givony. Givony told IndieWire that due to how quickly this particular event has come together over the last three weeks, it required collaborating directly with the London Contemporary Orchestra.

Lush Locks: The 8 Best Ways to Thicken Thinning Hair Ad By Partner 

“It’s rare for us to work with another group, but this is a real privilege to work with LCO – who recorded the original ‘Phantom Thread’ score and are performing a couple shows of this in Europe,” said Givony. “It was also necessary because ordinarily we have much more lead time to prepare and with this film in particular there is a lot more music, along with a handful of pretty demanding classical cues that make it a different beast than something like ‘Moonlight.’”

therewillbeblood-03-edit.jpg?w=780

“There WIll Be Blood” accompanied by a live orchestra

Richie Clarke

LCO’s conductor and founder, Robert Ames, will bring three key members of his team — concertmaster/solo violin, pianist and sound engineer  — to Brooklyn and then Los Angeles to rehearse and perform with the Wordless musicians in what will be a 40-piece orchestra.

Read More:How Live Film Scores Are Finding New Life in the Age of Netflix

Focus Features and Anderson’s post-production team are working with Wordless to supply a special DCP of “Phantom Thread” with the score removed from the soundtrack. Givony told IndieWire that Greenwood, who reportedly is recording a new Radiohead album, has not been actively involved. However, he has been supplying sheet music, and Anderson will likely be in attendance at the Los Angeles screening. (At previous Wordless screenings of his films, he could be seen at the sound board carefully monitoring the live mix.)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, @li said:

In realtà cominciarono le prove per il tour circa 2 mesi prima anche nel 2016. Vero che stavolta è un tour già rodato.

comunque no la notizia a me giunge totalmente nuova.

Appunto, l'hai detto tu: è un tour già rodato. A questo punto è lecito ipotizzare che stiano cominciando a lavorare alle future Ful Stop e Identikit...che magari come Ful Stop e Identikit sentiremo nel corso del tour...

Io però vorrei tenere un basso profilo: infatti mi aspetto che riesumino altri pezzi vecchi, più che scriverne di nuovi... magari la nuova Follow Me Around di Macerata arrangiata full-band, e poi qualcosa tipo Cut A Hole e Skirting On The Surface. Ormai per me i Radiohead sono in piena fase calante, come gli U2 post 2000.

1 hour ago, Lacatus said:

Ma è possibile prevedere un Lp10 in uscita nel 2020.

Sta cosa la penso già da un annetto buono ma non volevo dirla per scaramanzia. Ho fatto tutta una mia serie di ragionamenti in merito un po' di tempo fa e anche io credo in un cd nel 2020 (ma sbaglieró sicuramente).

5 minutes ago, Valderrama said:

Sta cosa la penso già da un annetto buono ma non volevo dirla per scaramanzia. Ho fatto tutta una mia serie di ragionamenti in merito un po' di tempo fa e anche io credo in un cd nel 2020 (ma sbaglieró sicuramente).

Quindi direi che ora dovrai esporre il tuo ragionamento:D

22 minutes ago, MyIronAlien said:

già, poi del resto non credo faranno niente per i vent'anni di kid a, non avrebbe neppure senso

Certo come non aveva senso farlo per OK Computer :D... Lo faranno eccome, anche se di quel periodo tra b-side, I might wrong,  Amnesiac è uscito praticamente di tutto.