LP9, EP, 12", digital release & co.

Skalasky

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ecco svelato come verrà registrato il prossimo materiale (album) dei Radiohead

domanda: Hi Phil. We’ve heard that you’re already planning to head back to the studio to work with Nigel Godrich. What’s the plan there?

Phil: Well, we’ve just been doing our tour rehearsals, and there are ideas coming through. We’re playing well, and I think we’re looking for times for when getting into the studio might work while we are touring, or just after touring. There’s nothing firm as yet, but there are ideas – it’s about actually catching yourself unawares rather than this whole thing of thinking, “Here we start working on new material, in this new session”, which can sometimes feel a bit daunting. So we’re trying to catch ourselves on the fly, and see what comes out of that. We’ll see what happens – if it happens, for starters. If it does, we’ll have limited time to do it which will provide focus, and hopefully it should be fun.

in parole povere Phil dice che, visto che stanno suonando bene e hanno nuove idee che li passano per la testa, cercheranno di registrare nuovi brani già durante il tour, sull'onda dell'ispirazione del momento.

quindi sembra che, per il momento, quello che vogliono a tutti i costi evitare è fare delle session simili a quella di "in rainbows", isolandosi per mesi in quelle megaville di campagna...

• 2 weeks later...
ATTENZIONE: Thom ha scritto una nuova canzone chiamata "the north wind"

"R&F : How do you write a song when you've already written hundred of songs ?

Thom : It depends... there's that stuff i've just finished, called "The North Wind", some ugly rave song, i have a really cool demo of it. I'm only thinking about finishing it, putting lyrics innit, before i get bored with it.

voci di corridoio dicono che Thom abbia in preparazione il suo secondo album solista e che fra i brani ci sarà questa "the north wind" di cui Thom registò un demo nel mese di gennaio... definita una brutta canzone da rave

staremo a vedere...

ATTENZIONE: Thom ha scritto una nuova canzone chiamata "the north wind"

"R&F : How do you write a song when you've already written hundred of songs ?

Thom : It depends... there's that stuff i've just finished, called "The North Wind", some ugly rave song, i have a really cool demo of it. I'm only thinking about finishing it, putting lyrics innit, before i get bored with it.

voci di corridoio dicono che Thom abbia in preparazione il suo secondo album solista e che fra i brani ci sarà questa "the north wind" di cui Thom registò un demo nel mese di gennaio... definita una brutta canzone da rave

staremo a vedere...

the eraser 2 :dance:

• 4 weeks later...

Da ottobre in studio:

The band ends their tour in Tokyo, Japan in October and will head back to the studio shortly after. Ed: “Because by the end of the tour, you’re bored of what you’re playing. You need more life and energy and the only way to do that is writing new songs.”

Sadly for fans, O’Brien won’t be pushed on when the new songs are likely to be unveiled. He said: “It could be five years, it could be the end of this year, it’s whether it’s any good, that’s the point. We’ve just got to do it and see if it’s any good.”

Radiohead start their tour in West Palm Beach, FL tonight. Playing live is the part Ed enjoys the most. Ed told BBC’s Newsbeat: ”It’s about music and direct communication. But it’s also a very unreal existence. I can’t get excited until we’re doing the soundcheck on the first day and it really dawns on me what we’re doing.”

O’Brien also revealed his passion for Prince, who covered Radiohead’s Creep at the Coachella music festival in California.

He said: “He is probably the greatest at the moment and I remember when he played the Brits two years ago. ”He made everybody, including us, look like amateurs. That’s very flattering, he’s the man. We’d love to do one of his songs but we’d probably murder it.”

Non concordo su Prince...

Da ottobre in studio:

The band ends their tour in Tokyo, Japan in October and will head back to the studio shortly after. Ed: “Because by the end of the tour, you’re bored of what you’re playing. You need more life and energy and the only way to do that is writing new songs.”

Sadly for fans, O’Brien won’t be pushed on when the new songs are likely to be unveiled. He said: “It could be five years, it could be the end of this year, it’s whether it’s any good, that’s the point. We’ve just got to do it and see if it’s any good.”

Radiohead start their tour in West Palm Beach, FL tonight. Playing live is the part Ed enjoys the most. Ed told BBC’s Newsbeat: ”It’s about music and direct communication. But it’s also a very unreal existence. I can’t get excited until we’re doing the soundcheck on the first day and it really dawns on me what we’re doing.”

O’Brien also revealed his passion for Prince, who covered Radiohead’s Creep at the Coachella music festival in California.

He said: “He is probably the greatest at the moment and I remember when he played the Brits two years ago. ”He made everybody, including us, look like amateurs. That’s very flattering, he’s the man. We’d love to do one of his songs but we’d probably murder it.”

Non concordo su Prince...

Si, ma non è possibile che nella peggiore delle ipotesi io debba avere il nuovo cd dei radiohead a 32 anni... e basta aspettare così tanto, la vita è breve...

• 2 weeks later...

beh con IR hanno praticamente cambiato strumentazione, pedaliere comprese, cosa non da poco B)

soprattutto stanno usando molti strumenti vintage

(fra qualche giorno quando sarà on-line il nuovo sito e la sezione strumenti aggiornata al 2008 vedrete)

per quanto riguarda esplorazioni di nuovi generi non si sa mai...

comunque incollo ad una vecchia discussione