A Moon Shaped Pool

Lacatus

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

è comunque ancora un bozzetto cut a hole, da finire...

Sì. Come anche The Present Tense, Ful Stop, eccetera...

In ogni caso rimango dell'idea che la migliore delle canzoni presentate nel tour 2012 non arriva a livello della peggiore di Tomorrow's Modern Boxes. Quindi le mie aspettative per l'Lp9 rimangono basse...

Atease:

GUYS!

One of my friend who lives in london and is a classical violin player has a session with Radiohead this month!!! And he received a score for The Present Tense!!!!!! with also a demo of the track!!! He refused to give it away but I've heard it. It is very different from what we know. The melody is a kind of weird modular sequence. I think it sounds beautiful but some of you might be disapointed. It was just a demo though...

...From what I remember it starts as some pulsing notes and then evolves with some ambient chords in the background. The melody goes on and is filtered weirdly. Kinda reminded me of James Holden The Inheritors in a way. Hard to describe....

...Guys, don't react like that. First of all, it sounds nothing like TKOL. And it is just a demo, they will have a string section on it. The modular melody sounds really beautiful to me. It's different from the Lattitude version ok but it has a really powerful arrangement and sound design. Jonny at his best if you want my opinion.

ALSO: nothing tells us that it is the arrangement we are going to hear on the final version. You know how RH is..

vediamo se è il solito mitomane (anche se mi sembra sincero e quindi... hype! :) )

Atease:

GUYS!

One of my friend who lives in london and is a classical violin player has a session with Radiohead this month!!! And he received a score for The Present Tense!!!!!! with also a demo of the track!!! He refused to give it away but I've heard it. It is very different from what we know. The melody is a kind of weird modular sequence. I think it sounds beautiful but some of you might be disapointed. It was just a demo though...

...From what I remember it starts as some pulsing notes and then evolves with some ambient chords in the background. The melody goes on and is filtered weirdly. Kinda reminded me of James Holden The Inheritors in a way. Hard to describe....

...Guys, don't react like that. First of all, it sounds nothing like TKOL. And it is just a demo, they will have a string section on it. The modular melody sounds really beautiful to me. It's different from the Lattitude version ok but it has a really powerful arrangement and sound design. Jonny at his best if you want my opinion.

ALSO: nothing tells us that it is the arrangement we are going to hear on the final version. You know how RH is..

vediamo se è il solito mitomane (anche se mi sembra sincero e quindi... HYPE! :) )

Edit: ci sta meglio questa

crazynuts.jpg

...From what I remember it starts as some pulsing notes and then evolves with some ambient chords in the background. The melody goes on and is filtered weirdly.

Folgorazione: non so a voi, ma a me qui viene in mente The Mother Lode.

Kinda reminded me of James Holden The Inheritors in a way. Hard to describe....

Che sarebbe questa:

Dunque, visto anche che parla di...

the melody is a kind of weird modular sequence.

....potrebbero averla arrangiata con il Doepfer A-100, il synth modulare...

tumblr_inline_ng15evAyZg1qa1wxx.jpg

Synth modulare = very new technology

Violini = very old technology

...torna no? :)

Scusate, ma tecnicamente che significa?

Potreste farmi un esempio specifico da sentire, Radiohead o no?

Che significa modular melody? Una melodia programmata al sequencer. Come quella del pezzo di James Holden succitato, oppure quella di Atoms For Peace o di You Wouldn't Like Me When I'm Angry... Tutti quei PLIP-PLOP insomma,,,

Eh...in effetti...ci sono anche gli archi :) Quindi la genealogia di The Present Tense potrebbe essere*:

Arpeggi (Ether)

Cymbal Rush

Atoms For Peace

The Mother Lode

You Wouldn't Like Me When I'm Angry

Tra l'altro, come ho scritto nel topic dedicato a The Present Tense, il testo di The Present Tense è il negativo del testo di Arpeggi: dove in Arpeggi l'io narrante viene sedotto e si abbandona all'innamoramento, in The Present Tense invece resiste alla seduzione.

PS tenete conto che si parla di una demo...quindi potrebbe essere uno sketch che Thom ha registrato nelle session di Tomorrow's Modern Boxes, non la versione che sentiremo nell'Lp9!

Oltre al fatto che potrebbero essere fantasie di uno psicopatico :-P

Chiaramente.

My two cents? Questa demo di The Present Tense è roba di Thom da solo e risale alle session di Tomorrow's Modern Boxes.

In pratica Tomorrow's Modern Boxes altro non sarebbe che una parte delle demo destinate originariamente all'LP9, che Thom ha deciso di terminare per i cazzi suoi e pubblicare, visto che nella prima parte del 2014 gli altri 4 (soprattutto Jonny) non erano disponibili a registrare coi Radiohead.

Come avevano spiegato anche quelli di bitTorrent, originariamente Thom non aveva intenzione di pubblicare un album solista...l'idea gli è venuta così, strada facendo... Conoscendo quanto Thom è iperattivo, ci sta tutta che alla fine, con gli altri impegnati in progetti solisti, per non rimanere con le mani in mano ha deciso di prendere alcune di quelle demo, completarle e farci un disco sperimentale. :):music:

Oh, finalmente un po' di nebbia comincia a diradarsi... :ok: