A Light for Attracting Attention

Lacatus

36 minutes ago, Lacatus said:

Disaccordo totale: queste opere per me sono bellissime, come lo erano quelle di A Moon Shaped Pool e precedentemente Tomorrow's Modern Boxes. Anima è l'unico un pò moscio a livello di artwork.

Ah, no Tomorrow’s è bellissimo. Io parlo di front cover. 
tutte deludenti, è una mia opinione ovviamente, frutto di gusti personali. 

se dovesse confermarsi questa dei the smile tra titolo e cover penso sia la peggiore cover che abbia mai visto. Il titolo vabe’…

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

Comunque non ricordo un disco Radiohead oriented con un artwork cosi estivo, pare che Stanley l'abbia dipinto con i piedi inzuppati nelle Baleari :D 

in nero o grigio nn attracti l'attention ;)

2 minutes ago, Cicceri said:

lo preordinate da xl o aspettate l'annuncio ufficiale?

io aspetto (anche perche se vai al checkout te lo da gia' sold out)

e poi ancora spero in una deluxe con Eyes and Mouth ^_^

comunque cazzarola avrei scommesso 500 euri che the same sarebbe stata l'ultima e panavision la prima.

23 hours ago, Lacatus said:

Io ho sperato per un po' (quando hanno fatto uscire la smitragliata di 4 singoli) che il 13 maggio sarebbe stata la pubblicazione fisica e che quindi avremmo potuto sentire la versione digitale già in marzo/aprile. Ma non ci credo più ormai. Sarà proprio come dici tu: 13 maggio digitale, giugno fisica.

E quando mi sbaglio...

https://store-us.thesmiletheband.com/collections/media/products/a-light-for-attracting-attention-yellow-2lp-tsm

Maledetti.

E-mail ricevuta da Waste:

And finally! A release date, a new song, the art work that Thom and Stanley have been painting all winter - and a sense that we will get to share, at last, our new music in full.

I feel grateful that we managed, with Nigel’s help, to record these songs in a way they deserve. And the singles released so far have been liked - as far as I can tell - which makes me feel dangerously confident in the rest of the record. As the all-knowing algorithm has it, if you liked that, you’ll love this, right? Hope so. Aside from anything, the brass and strings players who helped out - I really can’t wait for you to hear all their work too.

So yes, we’re properly proud and excited for everyone to have the whole thing - but, it’s been a drawn out process so far, with so many single songs released. I can only apologise for our tentativeness. Patience is a virtue, but then, so are sobriety and humility - and they’re not happening either. Nor can we persuade Apple Music to stop greying-out the titles of the unreleased tracks (the teases!) - but, come May 13th, everything will be out there, instead of in here.

As we prepare to play this all live, a small part of me views the record as a way of getting people familiar with the songs first. This is short sighted, but as I type this, I can’t really think beyond the first chord of the first concert in Croatia because that’s where so much of the excitement is for me. Live concerts are short-sighted, short-lived things, and all the more vital because of it.

But really, the record still feels worth your time - both the time spent waiting, and the time we’re asking you to invest in hearing it - which is all I can hope for. I’m listening to it constantly, long after I should have had enough, so maybe that’s the right, long-sighted view of this. I hope you have the same experience.

Best wishes,

Jonny

3 minutes ago, Valderrama said:

And finally! A release date, a new song, the art work that Thom and Stanley have been painting all winter - and a sense that we will get to share, at last, our new music in full.

I feel grateful that we managed, with Nigel’s help, to record these songs in a way they deserve. And the singles released so far have been liked - as far as I can tell - which makes me feel dangerously confident in the rest of the record. As the all-knowing algorithm has it, if you liked that, you’ll love this, right? Hope so. Aside from anything, the brass and strings players who helped out - I really can’t wait for you to hear all their work too.

So yes, we’re properly proud and excited for everyone to have the whole thing - but, it’s been a drawn out process so far, with so many single songs released. I can only apologise for our tentativeness. Patience is a virtue, but then, so are sobriety and humility - and they’re not happening either. Nor can we persuade Apple Music to stop greying-out the titles of the unreleased tracks (the teases!) - but, come May 13th, everything will be out there, instead of in here.

As we prepare to play this all live, a small part of me views the record as a way of getting people familiar with the songs first. This is short sighted, but as I type this, I can’t really think beyond the first chord of the first concert in Croatia because that’s where so much of the excitement is for me. Live concerts are short-sighted, short-lived things, and all the more vital because of it.

But really, the record still feels worth your time - both the time spent waiting, and the time we’re asking you to invest in hearing it - which is all I can hope for. I’m listening to it constantly, long after I should have had enough, so maybe that’s the right, long-sighted view of this. I hope you have the same experience.

Best wishes,

Jonny

grande gionni:clapclap:

peccato dover saltare ferrara

2 minutes ago, Valderrama said:

Best wishes,

Jonny

Parole che scaldano il cuore :)

Jonny :prego:

6 minutes ago, Valderrama said:

Best wishes,

Jonny

bellissimi, perfetti, ottimi. amoli.

• @li changed the title to A Light for Attracting Attention